Hi there! I’m Chelsea Patterson!
Thank you for stopping by!
“The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.”
– Elisabeth Elliot
There are many ways I could describe myself – author, writer, Congressional staffer, daughter, friend, lover of coffee, fresh flowers, and acoustic music, but the most important thing to know about me is that my heart, mind and soul belong to my Savior, Jesus Christ.He saved my soul from the eternal separation that I rightly deserve due to my sin, adopted me, redeemed, me and calls me His own.
Currently, I’m working on my first book Longing for Motherhood – Finding Hope in the Midst of Childlessness (Moody Publishers 2018). My days are filled with early mornings, late nights, and lots of black coffee. Writing actually isn’t my full-time job. I work on child welfare policy on Capitol Hill – basically I get to help work on policies that would make adoption and foster care better, and help improve the lives of children.
My heart lights on fire whenever I get to write or talk about adoption! A large part of that stems from the fact that I was adopted from Bucharest, Romania as child. Apart from my salvation, being adopted is the greatest gift I’ve ever received. I grew up in North Carolina, with five adopted siblings from Eastern Europe!
I’m getting married in September to the man of my dreams, and my first priority right now is planning and preparing for my upcoming marriage! Entering into this new season fills my heart with such excitement!
Washington D.C. became my home a couple of years ago, and it’s been the adventure of a lifetime. While I do miss parts of the south – for instance, people smiling at me and being generally more kind, D.C. quickly became home. I live on Capitol Hill, just a few blocks away from the Capitol, and I work on Capitol Hill for one of my heroes. DC stole my heart, and I love getting to do life here.
Fun Facts About Me:
- My name comes from the 1980’s movie, “Legal Eagles”
- Summer is my favorite season, but October is my favorite month. Odd I know!
- I’m an INFJ on the Myers-Briggs personality test.
- Spending the afternoon in a coffee shop reading a book is a small slice of heaven.
- Traveling and seeing the world are huge passions, and I’ve been privileged to see some beautiful countries.
- I’m a morning person, and typically get up between 5:30-7:00
- I love to celebrate holidays!
- Disney World is one of my favorite places on this planet!
- I drink approximately 4 cups of coffee on a daily basis.
- Live music is one of my favorite things.
- I’m an absolutely horrible singer, but that doesn’t stop me from singing!
- Instead of putting milk in my cereal (like normal people), I put orange juice in my cereal.
- I’ve run a half marathon!